Sunday, February 6, 2011

FREE BIKE!


While making a trip to Goodwill to unload a colossal tube TV (heads up: turns out they don't take them), another dropper-offer inquired if they take bikes. Indeed they do. I peered into the back of his car and saw he had a Schwinn Mesa GS, and I offered to take it off his hands. "It's got some problems," he warned. "It's also got lots of parts I can use," I mused to myself. Turns out, all this bike needs is a tune-up, AND it's my size! Finally, I can be one of those guys on Cyclofiend with a sweet Goodwill bike--all I ever find are junked kids bikes. The pic above is from the web, my bike is considerably less pristine--but in overall great shape, as it appears to have been lightly ridden and merely neglected. So score one for me, I'm thrilled. My wife, however, is less thrilled, as our two-car garage is now a one-car/eight-bike garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment